Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Getting better the more I try

Sketchbook assignment was pretty cool since I tried using markers. Its a whole lot easier to control my values then to play half the time with the pencil. I might try ink washes next or colored pencil. I don't know if its me or the graphite pencil, but it was hard to work with.

Some of the good things that came out of this is how i arrange within the picture plane. I must start putting boxes over my stuff because it really shows how this would read as a bigger piece. The bad was not experimenting enough with putting the still life objects in different angle and ALL THE TANGENTS that just were not obvious when I was doing it.
Quick thumbs: tripod, ps1 controller, candle holder

Linear perspective and its ellipses. They are making a bit more sense but still its hard. I barely EVER do this kind of stuff. It just shows  how much I must work in this class. I did get the book Creative Perspective which has nice examples that work with the class. I will try to do stuff from that book as well. So not much to say for now, maybe later though i'll be drawing some awesome stuff.

Figure drawing was all about long drawings. It feel like I was able to get the general idea of the drawing in about 25 to 35 minutes minus a few proportion details. While the later time was all about pushing and pulling the form. I enjoyed these a lot. You can see because I only needed one.

I need to work on pushing the figure from the background and not let the model blend in. It would create a more striking silhouette versus a muddy mess. I also need to clarify detail in the focal and blur out the detail in the non focal.

However, I am happy to see my improvement most of all. I'm having a lot more fun doing stuff I want to and less time fighting over certain aspects like the medium or proportions.
2 hours

1 hour

30 minute

4 hours



No comments:

Post a Comment