Friday, September 14, 2012

The mark of materials

I have been working with a lot of nu pastel because of my figure drawing class. Probably in the last 2-3 years, I barely even touched charcoal. So, this (and still is) a bit of work to get into the swing of things. I am having fun though. 

One of the things I need to improve on is confidence in my strokes, proportions, and stop trying to work on detail when I have a time limit. I get into this habit of suggesting stuff quickly and it all takes away from the focal.
Two tones fig in 10 minutes.

15 minute, she looks almost amazon long in my picture.

Another nice thing about TAD is that I have drawn more in mediums I have wanted to like ink and nib. I always tell myself I will get to it. 
Ink drawing studies with g-pen nib, I need to get more of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment