Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Inspiration

Too often, I let most of the things that inspire me wash away. Only recently have I started to create an inspirational folder to look back at all the wonderful things that motivate me to draw. I feel like this is a good thing to have when there are days you can't seem to ignite that spark.

In classes I've been taking, we had to show our touchstones involving what I want to do or how its a good example of what we are learning in class. I thought I'd share some of them.


Johannes Voss, an artist who I've seen do a lot of Mtg art. His use of background elements and camera angles always astounds me.

James Gurney, this guy is a master at his craft and does it in such a believable way. I check that guys blog everyday to see any new stuff he comes up with.

William Adolphe Bouguereau, he paints the figures wonderfully from life and creates magical mythological scenes.

One-Vox, some of his work is so breath taking because of its surreal feel yet grounded in a very real lighting.

David Palumbo, the way he carves the figure with light makes them look so real but I really enjoy his composition most of it all. I feel all of what he did was intentional.


rei歐 (I believe this is the name of the artist), someone who I've seen on pixiv a lot and almost always churns out elegant composition mixed with powerful imagery.

These are just a few of the many artists I admire. Another thing I enjoy to see is armor and knights, both fantastical and realistic. I enjoy to draw them and I hope I can make part of my living off doing fantasy art at least. I'm also not a stickler for unrealistic armor ;P

Justice Wong

GoddessMechanic (on deviantart)

(couldn't find artist name)

Lvans (on pixiv)

No comments:

Post a Comment