Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Breaks recharge the soul

I hope everyone who is reading this had a great break. This one was well needed for me because I fell behind in class and it gave me sometime for catch up. I also got to do a lot of personal sketches (i might upload if I find the time) and that was really refreshing.

This is my disaster project for sketchbook class. The process was due before break and I just didn't have time till now to do it. I choose the bridge that was close by because the desgin appealed to me in the beginning. The nice thing about this is that you get to see all my thoughts on how I make an image. Originally I was documenting every detail I thought might play a role. Only later did I realize I did not need them. 


This class mixed with linear perspective definitely helped me see angles that I could not photograph which gave for interesting compositions. As you can see, the disaster I choose was an earthquake. I did some studies to get the feel of what it would be like. Also while the first one is clearer the other two were more experimentations. I tried using different mediums I'm not used to. They definitely gave a different mood.



The first two are from before break. It was a calligraphy assignment working with line and I took this time to experiment. These were two of my favorite. However, I think its one of those things I need to keep practicing.

Both are about 15 minutes.

Trying to get better at focal.

Now these are what I did over break. I had a lot of time to do these and it feels like I'm applying certain things I worked on previously. There is still so much I could work on like values, focal and detail accuracy.

2 hours, trying to find accurate values with various edge work

about 20 minute.

20 minute, this was fun because my last one using this pose was
very different.




No comments:

Post a Comment