Thursday, December 20, 2012

Its been a good first semester

Just today, tomorrow, then I will be done with my first semester of TAD. I have to say I learned a lot, have had good classmates, and wonderful teachers to push me. I can't wait for the next semester to start so that I can learn even more. Luckily though with this break, it provides lots of opportunity to jam in what I learned in school (especially the areas I had lots of trouble with).

So figure drawing is done. I still have lots that can be improved on. I'm still unsure if its the material or way of thinking. Quite a few had similar problems where its hard to change what you made when using nu pastel. I know that better materials don't make better art. So what I might want to do is start looking more and putting down less. 

The other thing I need to start working on is a focal point. I'm doing the whole study thing correctly but my drawings could be so much stronger if they looked interesting. 

20-25 minutes

Another 25 minute one.

2 minutes each.

Linear perspective class was definitely the one that taught me alot of rules I did not know. This final definitely came out better than any drawing of a room from imagination that I've done in my life. I put in some good time with this one like all classes. But after looking at it for a long time, I just see a lot of the flaws. So I decided to finish and just move on to the next thing.

Rough final. I like the lines
My attempt at cleaning this drawing up. I don't know
if it completely works.



No comments:

Post a Comment